WDCC in 2023! Be a Part of the Action!
The state elections are behind us and the Presidential primaries start in a little more than a year, but that doesn’t mean it will be quiet for Democrats in Woburn! We’ve got some plans to keep up the energy through 2023, and we hope you’ll join us! Our first meeting of the year will be a weeknight meeting by Zoom on Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 7pm.
February Business meeting with special guest, State Senator Cindy Friedman
Wednesday, February 8, 7pm by Zoom
Our first meeting of the year will be a brief business meeting, then we’ll be joined by State Senator Cindy Friedman for an in-depth discussion on the Mental Health ABC Act. It will be an opportunity to learn more about the process of passing legislation, as well as how this legislation will help Massachusetts residents. There will be an opportunity for a Q & A following her presentation. Advance registration for the meeting is required – sign up to receive the Zoom link.
REGISTER FOR THE FEBRUARY 8TH MEETING HERE
WDCC 2023 Calendar (some dates TBD)
- Winter WDCC Meeting – Wednesday, February 8 – Zoom REGISTER HERE
- Spring WDCC Meeting – Early April, Date TBD
- Save the Date for Juneteenth Woburn – Saturday, June 17 on Library Field
- Woburn Democratic Caucus and MassDems Convention 2023 – it is anticipated that this year’s caucus window will be June/July – we’ll set a date as early as possible so you can make your plan to participate. The MassDems Convention is expected to take place in September.
- Summer/Fall – Nomination for Ward Committee Membership/Placing Names on the Presidential Primary Ballot for 2024 – more information available in August.
- Fall WDCC Meeting – Saturday, October 21
JFK Scholarships & Joe Moakley Internship Program
The following opportunity is shared by MassDems:
The Massachusetts Democratic Party is committed to developing the next generation of leaders! Apply today to the MDP JFK Scholarship & Joe Moakley Internship Program.
The MDP is offering scholarship and paid internship opportunities to students enrolled in college or post-secondary programs and 2023 college graduates and post-secondary certificate holders who are residents of Massachusetts and registered Democrats.
Please note that the internship program is a part time, in person internship that averages about 15 hours per week.
JFK Scholarship recipients are expected to be active participants in democratic organizing or other political work. JFK Scholarship recipients may intern with the MassDems. For more information on eligibility and application requirements, click here.
Applications with the following documents must be received no later than March 10th, 2023 at 5:00 PM (no exceptions) and must be submitted here.
If you have questions, please contact MassDems Executive Director Joe Sherlock at 617-939-0800 or by email at Hannah@massdems.org.